I thought the program and format for the meeting were very good. This was my first time to makeup a meeting via the eclub.
As far as today's program on LEED and Green by Steve Canter, I was astounded at how much energy buildings consume with 39% total energy and 72% of the electricity used in the United States.
The points i will remember about the program are that LEED certified buildings are designed for 6 reasons...
• Lower operating costs and increase asset value
• Reduce waste sent to landfills
• Conserve energy and water
• Be healthier and safer for occupants
• Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
• Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives in hundreds of cities
Thanks for offering this program.