Email:
Password:
First time here? Create Account | Forgot your password? Request a new one

You must be a registered member of this website before posting in the forums. Register or login at the top of this page.

Next Convention in Bangkok

Posted: 3 years ago

URGENT! If you want to save money...you have to register before DECEMBER 1st! 160 USD...before March 1st 2012: 195 USD and after March 1st: 245 USD! I just remember this date today...the last day for cheap! Hurry up! 

Hello Convention Attendees of our Rotary eClub.  Let us know on this thread when you have signed up to go.  Francoise just signed up to attend. It is encouraging to others, especially those new to Rotary or who (like me until last year)have never attended an RI Convention.  It is so fun and amazing.  Remember the Rotarian from Uganda with the leopard cowboy hat?

I really wish I could go to Bangkok  but will not have enough vacation leave accumulated in my new job, which is going really well.  Consulting in Geriatrics on the "impossible" problems is a delight and I left work today energized rather than beaten.  Saving for RI Portugal and told my boss today that I would be gone for three weeks in June of 2013 for the RI meeting.  He was happy because I was interested in staying that long, right now I bet I stay a lot longer than that.  Military veterans can be a bit cranky at times but most are an absolute delight.  Gulf Coast MIssissippi is great, we can eat fresh shrimp right out of the Gulf of Mexico every day, but we don't.  None since Sunday.  Need oysters next most likely, trout are biting and in the fish markets, so are redfish and grouper.  Why did we eat spagetti with tomato sauce tonight?  Oh, it is becasue Ginny had a repair guy here all day and didn't get to the market.   

I will be attending the convention in Bangkok and would love to get together with other e-club members.  Not sure what we will do without John Dugaw coordinating events and places to eat, we will miss you! 

Will be there from May 2nd to May 10th...I booked for the Host Hospitality Night and the Siam Niramit ( Rotarian events)  and a Bangkok floating markets and River Kwai tour, a Bangkok River Cruise and The Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew ...We keep in touch in private messages...

It all sounds so amazing! I sincerely wish I could go. Every year I teach glass blowing at a national conference, and sure enough, it's on the heels of the Rotary Convention. I'll have to experience it vicariously through y'all!

Be the change that turns Impossible to I'mPossible.

Re: Next Convention in Bangkok

I look forward to Bangkok - come to the Peace Symposium if you can and help me recruit members!

Daniel

Posted: 2 years ago

If we want to have a chance to meet in Bangkok: let's go to the Rotary Global History Fellowship:  booth 919, House of Friendship , Impact Center at Bangkok

Membership meeting 4-6PM Saturday 5 May, Sapphire room 111 IMPACT CENTER

Open meeting on Rotary's History, Tuesday 8 May 2:30 PM, Sapphire room 108 IMPACT CENTER. 

See you soon!

Okay I am staying at the DPU Place at the University with the Rotary Global History Fellowship. Arriving May 4 Attending their Membership meetingon Saturday at Impact Center Rm 11 from 4-6:00pm and  through RI the Boy &Tiger on Saturday;the Host Hospitality Nite on May 7 - Dinner Cruise on on Tuesday May 8 and working the booth noon to 2:00pm on Wednesday May 9. FLying home on May 10

Maureen Anne McKinley

Convention in Bangkok

Hi everybody! The convention is great of course...I was very excited about the president's speech today...What a great Rotarian...I will write a report with all importants details. I talk about our eclub to all the people I meet and they are very interested. Think of you all. Françoise

Re: Next Convention in Bangkok

Françoise, thank you for being our eyes and ears at the convention! I look forward to hearing all about it! I've read posts from the DG of my local area and he keeps using the word "spectacular" in describing it. I'm proud to have you there representing our club! You're amazing!

Jim

Francoise THIEBAULT-ROGER said:

Hi everybody! The convention is great of course...I was very excited about the president's speech today...What a great Rotarian...I will write a report with all importants details. I talk about our eclub to all the people I meet and they are very interested. Think of you all. Françoise

Be the change that turns Impossible to I'mPossible.

Convention in Bangkok

Dr.Mohammad Yunus was our speaker today and whouauh!!!!!!!!!!what a great speech! More details later! Have seen Maureen in her booth! 38000 attendees....can you imagine? See you very soon.

International fellowship

I have used the convention in Bangkok to visit many  booths and two of them caught my attention: 

- Rotarians' Wine Appreciation Fellowship : http://www.rotarywine.net/

"Have fun. Learning more about any hobby or personal interest should always be fun but enjoying a good glass of wine over a good meal with family and friends and knowing more about what made this particular pairing of food, wine, people and setting so special can be memorable. Whenever we mention the Wine Appreciation Fellowship we see smiles and it seems that wine appreciation provides a common language among Rotarians."

They planned to meet in Lisbon to taste the portugese wines...

- International Travel and hosting Fellowship:http://www.ithf.org/index.php

"The mission of ITHF is to stimulate and facilitate connections and cultural sharing throughout the Rotary world by contact, hosting, visiting and travel."

"Connections are when you make contact with other peoples in your travels or while hosting. It's when you experience other cultures, have life changing events and make life long friends. At ITHF, our members constantly make new connections while traveling and hosting with our 1,000+ membership and growing."

I encourage you to visit their websites...May be you will join them like I did by filling the forms.

DONE and DONE.  Member of three now.  History RGHF; wine RWAF and international host travel. don't know the acronym.  Join me and stay at my home and drink wine!

Maureen Anne McKinley